Verge Safety Barriers helps businesses solve their workplace safety issues by upgrading traffic management plans and installing appropriate products to create a safe working environment.
Australia Post Melbourne Gateway Facility
Melbourne Airport, Tullamarine VIC
- 3 ULD storage compounds (103) lin meters of 5.5m high Verge Hy-Wall barrier
- 60 lin metres of Verge HD barrier 1m high
- 6 Verge V-gates
- 137 lin meters Rhino-stop double deep “w” beam
- 67 Verge HD bollards.
Summary of works:
Design, supply and installation.
The Melbourne Gateway Facility is a purpose-built facility for the screening of domestic and international mail. The facility is operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is occupied by Australia Post, Australian Customs Services (ACS) and Australian Quarantine and Inspection Services (AQIS).
We were contacted at the very initial design stage by Gray Pucksand Architecture, to create a solution for the safe compounding of multi stacked ULD stillages, and pedestrian protection. Verge Safety Barriers, having the capacity to take on a design challenge, was very keen to propose some concepts to achieve the ultimate end result. Through this design challenge, the 5.5m high Hy-wall barrier was created.
- To safely compound ULD stallage stacked 4-5 high and have a structure capable of withstanding an impact of 7 kms/hr, in addition to the ability to contain the ULD stillages in the event of them toppling.
- To create safe walkways in a busy forklift environment.
- To protect thoroughfare walls from forklift impact.
Potential incident outcome: Pedestrian injury or fatality. Risk factor – Very High.
Collaboration between the Verge design team, Grey Pucksand designers and Australia Post, together we crafted the perfect solution.
Verge Safety Barriers managed the complete design and construction of this project contracted to FDC constructions. A great combination.
“a safer working environment”.
VERGE SAFETY BARRIERS
PHONE 1800 765 539